Friday, February 03, 2006





Here are some pictures of my bobbin winder. Please place your cursor over the picture to get a bigger picture. My husband found this at an antique store about a year ago and gave it to me for my birthday last year. It does hold a midland bobbin nicely. The ring that you slip over where you place the bobbin keeps it in place while winding. The coloring of the wood of this bobbin is very warm looking. I have been told it looks like mahogany wood. It also feels very nice and warm to the touch. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. It does clamp onto my table very well also. I placed a yard stick next to the winder so you can get an idea of how big it is. I also know that this winder probably came from England. I know the dealer whom my husband probably bought this winder from and I know that she makes trips to England for she still has family there. Anyhow...I would love any information anyone might have after looking at these pictures. My email address is: celticdreamweave@yahoo.com

I would love to hear from you...Please let me know what you think of the winder and any history you might have. Even hunches are good. :) I really would like to know more about the winder. I am pretty sure that this is an old winder. My husband said something about the about the way it looked like it was made that it wasn't something that was massed produced. Thank you for any response you may be sending to me on the winder. Sherry

No comments: