Saturday, October 06, 2007

This weekend is The Fingerlakes Lace Guild Lacing Event. I am not going for the weekend like I usually do. I have no money this year...but I did attend the public day which was today. I borrowed my daughter's car and drove for 1 hour and 15 minutes from my house to Ithaca. I took alot of pictures and I am going to share them with you. As you all know there are all kinds of laces....and you will see all kinds. I really loved the display of lace this year..and I so enjoyed seeing my lacing friends who I haven't seen since March when my car was totaled in an accident. I can't get another car at this time. I didn't have money to buy from the vendors...:( but I did take enough money out of the bank this morning for my large Cafe' Mocha and a breakfast sandwich from Tim Horton's to eat and drink along the way...and I had just enough money to buy my commemorative lace bobbin which this year had black and white checker flags on the bobbin. Since I have missed the meeting for months the event was planned without me. So I have no idea what the theme for this year was.

Come to find out I could have attended the banquet tonight for my one friend's husband wasn't planning on attending and she really wanted me to stay and use the ticket...but since I said I was going to have my daughter's car back this afternoon and she was working...so I had no way to call her and ask her if she had other plans for this evening.
Anyhoo...enjoy the pictures. Since there are so many....I will put just a few here at a wack.










Polychrome inside a torchon laced boarder.




















Russian Lace






Chantilly lace I believe.


































This is marked Carrickmacross but it really doesn't have the characteristics of it to me.











This piece of lace is also marked Carrickmacross

Lace. It is missing the circles that go all the way

around the outside edge. Pretty isn't it?? It is a

needle made lace that originates from Ireland.
























Both of these two pieces the square here and the circle are interesting to look at. They both were made with heavier thread...I really like the way they turned out.


















The title of this piece of lace is Kimono

Dreams. If you take your curse and click on

the picture hopefully you will see the stitches

better. I know that not always can you click and have the picture be bigger. I don't know why sometimes it doesn't work...but try that on all the

pictures. These laces are just so beautiful.








This piece of lace is called Logarithmiclace. I love the color play in this kind of lace.





























This lace is called Point De Gaze. Which is a needlemade lace.





















This is another piece I think of Chantilly Lace. Black lace is so shiek looking.























This I think is Polychrome lace in a point ground.



















Doesn't this lace look X-masy??



















This is an interesting use of Milanese Braids I think.



This is all the pictures I am going to upload today...I hope all the captions I wrote on the bottom of each picture stays with the picture it was intended for. You never know with these blogs where things are going to end up. More pics on another day when I can again find my computer.

2 comments:

erin said...

Wow, those are incredible pictures! I'm so glad you went! I wish I could have been there, too. We would have laughed and played. . . Your bed still awaits. ;-)

Tatman said...

Keep the pictures coming! These are awesome eyecandy :)