Saturday, June 14, 2008


A couple weeks ago you might have remembered seeing a picture here on my blog of a necklace my girlfriend of about 30 years made for me. Well...here is the begining of the necklace I am making her. This was something we decided to do for one another during a craft festival that was at Canandaigua Lake in Kershaw Park. We each had a pendant and we were to make a necklace for each other using the pendant as a focal point. Hers is what is known as dichroic glass.























You can see a close up of the pendant here...and the very begining of the necklace here. I think so far the necklace is matching up pretty good with the pendant. This is only the begining of the necklace. I have a feeling by the time I am done with it...My girlfriend Laurie will be able to use it as a lethal weapon if she needs to....More to go for now though....stay tune for updated pictures of the necklace's progress....and no this is not a one way pattern...but a group of different elements to get the effect that I want when it is finished.

2 comments:

Tattycat said...

This is beautiful and what a special thing to share with you friend!

Anonymous said...

ooooh pretty. She is a lucky girl. The tatting matches the glass so well!!!
Carol