Sunday, November 01, 2009

Today is November 1st and my oldest daughter Chrystal's birthday. She was born 34 years ago just after midnight on Halloween night. She is one of the reasons why I love Halloween so much as a holiday. This leads me to what I received in the mail from Battatter aka Carol Amich who also loves Halloween so much. First of all she made me this really cool crochet hedgehog which Carol told me she only knows how to single crochet. I think he is cute and sweet. It is meant to hold your knitting needles and crochet hooks in.


But Carol had to make the Hedgehog look Halloweenie....so she made Bat wings to put on the hedgehog. I haven't yet named my hedgehog...maybe some of you would like to help me come up with a name....I am thinking of naming him Dracula...what do you think of that?

So here is a couple pictures of my hedgehog...one with Halloween costume on and one with it off. She also make me a stick pin that you see sticking in the hedgehog. She said I could wear it as either a hair pin or a shawl pin since she knows I knit shawls too.




















She also sent me some candy which I passed on to my two Grandboys that are here this morning and a Scooby Doo toy. She also sent me some writing things.





In the box was also some small pieces of fabric for my quilting endevenor to help raise money for Palmettos Tatting Event.

Speaking of fabric Linda Mageske of New Mexico sent me a business size envelope with some fabric scraps with a Christmas theme. Actually...that is all you have to do if you want to contribute to the cause of helping me raise money for Palemettos is stick some fabric and maybe some trimmings if you have any in a business size envelope. Just your small amounts can go along way into making something creative. I hope you will help me with that project of making the Halloween and Christmas quilt blocks. These blocks will be crazy blocks in style. Just write to me and I will give you my mailing address.

I also spent the past few days doing something fun with a Halloween theme and that is the cross stitch picture you see here. The chart is a freebie that I got from The Primitive Needle designer Lisa Roswell. I love her designs and I want to get the chart really bad for the design she called "Witches Hallow". I think once that sampler is done...you can still use the chart to make individual items that are in the chart in other projects. Here is her url for her designs incase you are interested in seeing her other designs. Http://www.WitchStitchO.blogspot.com/
The url for her website where you can order her designs is
As far as getting the "Witches Hallow" chart....I will pay a bit at a time for it since I can't spend that much money all at once. ...But "Witches Hallow" is definately calling my name.

And in the last picture here that I will share with you is a tatted tree I made about a month ago. I was trying out some metallic thread that I received to see how good the thread was for tatting. I have to say the thread failed the test...but since I have been tatting so many years...I can tat with just about anything so I made this tree. The picture really doesn't show how the tree sparkles unless you can click and enlarge the picture. The tree is very pretty. The pattern came out of an old "Anna" magazine that I have.

7 comments:

Just_Jeannette said...

WOW! that hedge hog is SO cute! I just love the Tree too :)

erin said...

Happy All Souls day, Sherry!

Dracula is adorable - as are all the other items Carol showered you with! And wasn't that nice of Linda! Lucky you!

erin said...

Whoops! And most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRYSTAL! May you have many, many more!

IsDihara said...

Dracula? Nah. I'd name him Bruce Wayne...(Batman!) He looks more like a Bat Hedgie to me. *grins*

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Hi Sherry,

I've been aware of your lovely tatting for quite some time and I'm finally coming over here to comment, especially since I saw your comment to Lady Shuttlemaker about her giveaways! I'm glad to know someone else doesn't quite know how to do 'fancy' things in Blogger, although I think you do very well with your photos and links! At 65 years old, and having worked with word processing as far back as 1981, I'm still intimidated by Blogger - and computers! And don't even mention 'html' code. I'm trying to avoid it at all costs!!

However, for Sherry's giveaway, all you have to do is leave a comment on her blog on the post that shows the prize(s) she's giving away. It's only if you want two chances to win that you need to do the button thing. I don't know how to do that, either! But I won without it!

I'm trying to catch up on your posts since 2005 (congrats of having a blog back that far!) so it will take awhile; but I have seen some of your wonderful tatting over the years. I especially love the purple heart you did back in August.

Also, Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Jane Eborall said...

LOVE the gold tree. You have been busy. The Snowsettia looks great in those colours too.

Pene said...

Which Anna was the tree in, Sherry?