Friday, February 01, 2013




I have been wanting to make this sweater for along time. Bought half of the yarn about 5 years ago. I bought more last year…and I have enough of all the colors to start this sweater which I have done. I can’t wait to see it finished and to smile with accomplishment of getting it done. I have other Alice Starmore sweaters I have done over the many years like when her books were still available to buy from my local knitting store. I also want to make “Rheingold” someday but I don’t have the money to buy a kit from Vitual Yarns. I so wish they would be willing to sell their patterns separately but I do understand that it is about selling the yarn which is where the real money is. Some day….


6 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Sherry, this is looking lovely! Your'll have a treasure. Karen in OR who used to knit all the time

StringyDogs said...

That is one of the most complex patterns I have ever seen! I think I would spend 1/2 my time tearing out mistakes! Yours is lovely. I like it better than the picture with the pattern.

Kathy Niklewicz said...


I am so impressed you are knitting an Alice Starmore sweater! I have four of her books but have only knit a 'Fair Isle' teddy bear sweater! I just admire the books themselves as works of art! ! But the exciting thing is that I actually got to meet Alice TWICE, in 1988 and 1990. She came to our knitting guild in the Pittsburgh area to teach workshops, thanks to the efforts of our Program Chairman and the owners of the local yarn shop. I was so bedazzled at meeting her that could hardly knit a stitch! For her second visit I was able to take a photo of her holding my teddy bear, wearing his sweater! That photo is one of my prized possessions! Interestingly, I was learning to tat in between her two visits, and tatting took over eventually as my favorite needlework hobby

Jane McLellan said...

Oh wow, that's going to be stunning!!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I was delighted that you visited my blog! I'll be responding as soon as possible.

Helle and John said...

wow..lovely start to your sweater!